Subway is one of the fastest-growing fast-food restaurants in the world. Mainly focusing on submarine sandwiches, the chain also sells wraps, salads, cookies, and breakfast items at many locations.
Facts About Working at Subway
Minimum Age to Work at Subway: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Subway?)
Subway Hours of Operation: Hours vary by location; Typically 10:00am-10:00pm
Available Positions at Subway: Sandwich Artist, Senior Sandwich Artist, Shift Manager, Assistant Manager, Manager, Multi Unit Manager, Accounts Payable Assistant, Customer Care Representative, Financial Assistant, Clerical Assistant, Office Assistant, Network Administrator
Subway Employee Interview VideosListen to former employees discuss working at Subway:
Subway Job Opportunities
Perfect First Job
With 44,000 locations, Subway is virtually always hiring on new staff. The restaurant chain regularly hires employees to work in customer service roles and offers management positions to those with career aspirations.
Working with Customers
Subway looks for outgoing and respectful employees. Individuals should feel comfortable working in fast-paced environments. Associates typically start as sandwich artists but can earn promotion over time.
Subway Employment and Wages Information
Part-time and full-time workers should be at least 16 years old. Previous experience is not needed for all job titles. Employees typically receive above average wages as well as paid training.
- Sandwich artists must greet and serve customers, prepare food, and take payments.
- No prior experience is needed and pay starts at $8.00 an hour.
- Other duties include cleaning dining rooms, maintaining kitchen areas, and restocking items.
- Click on the Subway sandwich artist job description for more details.
- Assistant managers earn around $10.00 per hour.
- Employees should have a high school diploma, experience in food service, and some computer knowledge.
- Typical duties include managing staff, recommending promotions, filling out paperwork, and assisting with special events.
- Assistant managers must complete training courses at the University of Subway.
- Take a look at the Subway assistant manager job description, including an employee interview video.
- A minimum of two years of experience and a high school diploma are necessary to qualify for manager positions.
- Salaries range from $23,000 to nearly $45,000 a year.
- Daily tasks range from ensuring food safety, cleanliness, and security of restaurants to hiring, training, and creating schedules for staff members.
Tips for Applying
Applicants can apply in person with paper forms or online. Individuals can read job descriptions, see comments from current staff members, and create profiles. Each section of the application should be filled in with current and correct information.
Candidates can follow up with hiring managers a few days after submitting applications. Hopefuls should dress professionally, bring resumes, and be prepared to interview. Some job seekers choose to follow up through phone or email, as well.
Benefits of Working for Subway
Subway offers health, dental, and vision coverage. Employees are also eligible for:
- Paid time off
- Food discounts
- Flexible scheduling
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans
Additionally, employee assistance programs become available over time.
More Information on Subway
The restaurant chain gives parents and kids a fun, interactive platform with Subway Kids online. Children can play games while parents read through menu options and nutritional information. Other features include outdoor activities for the whole family and information on Subway’s school and community involvement.