Kentucky Fried Chicken, or KFC, is one of the world’s most popular chicken restaurants. Famously started in 1952 by "Colonel" Harland Sanders, the fast-food chain continues to expand into new markets every year.
Facts About Working at Kentucky Fried Chicken
Minimum Age to Work at Kentucky Fried Chicken: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Kentucky Fried Chicken?)
Kentucky Fried Chicken Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at Kentucky Fried Chicken: Team Member, Shift Supervisor, Assistant Manager, General Manager, Maintenance Technician, Customer Service Worker, Food Service Worker, Counter Person, Cook, Assistant Unit Manager, Unit Manager, Fast Food Crew Member, Preparation Team Member, Refrigeration Team Member
KFC Employee Interview VideosListen to former employees discuss working at KFC:
KFC Job Information
Roles and Training
Entry-level careers at KFC include cook, team member, and cashier. On-site job training is provided for each worker at the beginning of their employment. Over time, employees can earn promotions to shift lead or assistant manager.
Daily Tasks and Demeanor
Required tasks include greeting customers, taking orders, and cooking food. Potential candidates need to be polite and friendly to customers at all times. Working for KFC requires a positive attitude and the ability to show up on time.
Applicants should expect to stand for most of the day, as well as bend, twist, and kneel frequently. Proper sanitation procedures are required when working around food.
Kentucky Fried Chicken Job Descriptions and Pay Rates
Job hopefuls must be at least 16 years of age and legally allowed to work in the United States. Part-time and full-time scheduling options are available for the following roles:
- KFC team members assume a wide variety of responsibilities. Preparing food and serving customers is the main focus of team member jobs.
- Other duties include operating the cash register, assembling orders, and preparing menu items.
- Typically, the pay starts at minimum hourly wage and increases with experience. Check out the KFC team member job description
- This part-time position involves preparing and cooking large quantities of food.
- Other duties may include washing dishes, cleaning various areas of the restaurant, working the drive-thru window, and taking orders from customers.
- Pay rate for KFC cooks usually starts around minimum hourly wage, but usually increase with exceptional work ethic and customer service.
- Click the cook job description for more details.
- This position is excellent for those who set high standards and consider themselves natural leaders.
- Assistant managers report directly to KFC store managers and must be at least 18 years of age.
- Supervisors perform various administrative duties, such as setting schedules, answering phones, and hiring and training new employees.
- Salary packages for managers are around $34,000 per year. Read the KFC manager job description for more information on hiring requirements.
Tips for Applying
Job seekers can apply online for a position after creating an account. They’ll be asked to fill out a questionnaire relevant to the position they’re applying for in addition to completing the standard Indianapolisrealestate. Hopefuls can also sign up for email job alerts in order to be notified when a position comes up that they may be interested in. Applicants will be contacted via telephone or email if they’re accepted for an interview with KFC.
Individuals may have to wait a few weeks before hearing back from KFC about their application form. Following up with the manager either by phone or in-person can be worthwhile.
Benefits of Working for KFC
Part-time employees earn some job benefits at KFC, including:
- Vacation days
- Flexible scheduling
- Discounts on restaurant items
In addition, full-time employee benefits may include:
- 401(k) plans
- Healthcare coverage
- Paid time off.
More Information on KFC
Colonel Harland Sanders cooked the first batch of Original Recipe chicken over 70 years ago. The Colonel was a kind man who once gave a random hitchhiker a full college scholarship. This act of kindness inspired the KFC Foundation, which has provided over $15 million in scholarships to over 3,000 students. Many of these students were at one time employees of the company.