Holiday Inn is one of the largest and most recognizable hotel chains in the world. Founded in the 1950s, the hotel has grown to over 1,000 locations worldwide.
Facts About Working at Holiday Inn
Minimum Age to Work at Holiday Inn: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Holiday Inn?)
Holiday Inn Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Holiday Inn: Customer Service Representative, Front Desk Agent, Front Desk Clerk, Housekeeper, Laundry Attendant, Cook/Commis Chef, Restaurant Cashier, Sous Chef, Prep Cook, Bartender, Dishwasher, Front Office Manager, Room Attendant, House Person, Sales Manager, Reservations Agent, Auditor, Hotel Restaurant Food Server, Public Areas Attendant, Sales and Marketing Manager, Maintenance Associate, Hotel General Manager, Accounting Clerk/HR Coordinator, Driver Hotel Ambassador, Guest Service and Sales Representative, Parking Lot Attendant
Holiday Inn Employee Interview VideosListen to former employees discuss working at Holiday Inn:
Holiday Inn Job Opportunities
Personable and Professional
When applying to nearby locations, hiring staff value candidates who are familiar with the area and local attractions. Holiday Inn hotels are known for meeting the needs of their guests, therefore hospitable applicants are also ideal. Full-time and part-time work is open to those who are sociable and confident.
Various Positions Available
Entry-level careers range from food servers to front desk clerks. All positions at Holiday Inn involve assisting customers, working as part of a team-oriented staff, and standing for entire shifts. Candidates must also have professional attitudes when dealing with guests and coworkers.
Holiday Inn Employment and Salary Information
Individuals can find plenty of career opportunities with the hotel chain. Holiday Inn job hopefuls should be 18 years or older. The company also prefers applicants with high school diplomas or equivalents. Before gaining employment, candidates must pass pre-hire drug tests. Here are a few common positions job seekers can fill:
Front Desk Agent
- Agents make a salary of about $10.00 hourly when they begin their careers.
- The goal of these workers is to satisfy guests.
- Holiday Inn associates must greet customers, answer questions, perform check-ins and outs, reserve rooms, and process payments.
- Valued skills in candidates are optimism and the ability to problem-solve. Read more about the job.
- Holiday Inn housekeepers are responsible for cleaning rooms timely and well.
- Making beds, cleaning bathrooms, removing trash, dusting, and vacuuming are daily jobs.
- The starting pay rate for housekeepers is about $9.00 an hour. Read more about the housekeeping position, including interviews with former housekeepers.
Banquet Food Server
- Servers work banquets and events, so most employees earn minimum hourly wage, are part-time, and have varied schedules.
- Duties include setting up and tearing down rooms, halls, seating, and decorations.
- Other tasks are to serve food to Holiday Inn guests, refresh beverages, and clean tables during events.
Tips for Applying
Application forms can be submitted on Holiday Inn’s career site and at hotel locations. When candidates apply in person, they should dress formally and ask to turn in papers to managers, if present. For job hopefuls who apply online, accounts can be created to save information and to apply to more than one position.
Eligible applicants at Holiday Inn will be contacted for interviews and drug tests. After sending in application forms, the wait period might last as long as a month. This gives management involved in the hiring process time to review submissions in full.
Employment Benefits at Holiday Inn
Workers at Holiday Inn benefit from generous job benefits. Competitive pay, hotel discounts for associates and their families, and flexible scheduling are some of the available perks. The company also offers:
- Paid time off and vacation
- Free uniforms and training
- Healthcare coverage
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans are available to most team members.
More Information on Holiday Inn
The company’s efforts to be eco-friendly are achieved through their IHG Green Engage system. This program monitors impacts on the environment by their hotels. Then, Holiday Inn weighs this information and makes necessary cut backs on waste and energy usage. Through this system, corporate staff work to reduce the amount of water, carbon, energy, and waste used and produced at each hotel.